- Shimoji Michinori, Pellard Thomas (eds). An introduction to Ryukyuan languages
- Jarosz Aleksandra . Miyako-Ryukyuan and its contribution to linguistic diversity //JournaLIPP 3, 2014, 39-55
- Wayne Lawrence, Southern Ryukyuan //Chapter 13 in The Languages of Japan and Korea, 2012
- Pellard Thomas, Ōgami. Éléments de Description d'un Parler du Sud des Ryūkyū, 2009
- Thorpe Maner Lawton. Ryūkyūan language history 1983
- Yamada Masahiro, Pellard Thomas , Shimoji Michinori , Dunan grammar (Yonaguni Ryukyuan) //Heinrich, Patrick; Miyara, Shinsho; Shimoji, Michinori. Handbook of the Ryukyuan languages:
History, structure, and use, De Gruyter Mouton, pp.449–478, 2015
- Serafim Leon A. Linguistically what is Ryukyuan?
- Serafim Leon A. Okinawan Writing Systems, Past, Present, and Future //Sino-Platonic papers, 27, 1991
- Serafim Leon A. Prospects for the survival of Ryukyuan language: A language planning perspective
// Okinawa: domination and response at Japan's periphery
- Serafim Leon A. Shodon: the Prehistory of a Northern Ryukyuan Dialect of Japanese 1985
To the door of his bedroom
A phoenix brought a rune.
It was an imperial omen
The august son would revolt
To the branch of a tree
A serpent carried magpies.
It was a lucky sign:
The august grandson would arise
Songs of the Dragons Flying to Heaven. Canto VII. Translated by James Hoyt.